Australian Vegemite

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

After regaining the vitality I have lost over the holidays, I have finally started running on the treadmill again. I only wanted to break a sweat so I just ran for 1.5 Km mostly under 6-8 Km/hour. I have also been adding vegemite on my morning toasts. Vegemite is a "weird" Australian product. Spreading it on your morning toast on its own will definitely ruin your day because it has an explicablly salty and tangy taste with a bit of an after aroma.


Just how weird can this product get? Turn the bottle and you will discover that it is mainly composed of yeast extract. It really does smell a bit like yeast when you eat it. But you would hardly know you're eating yeast if you didn't bother to read what's inside. 

Nevertheless, the best thing about this product is that, by spreading  a meager 5 grams on your toast, you get 0.55 mg Vit B1, 0.43 mg Vit B12, 2.5 mg Vit B 9 (niacin) and 100 micrograms Vit B9 (folate). It's overloaded with Vit B's and it's definitely good for breakfast! It's hard to miss a Vegemite in an Australian cupboard.


My bf taught me a simple trick when consuming this product: add butter! I think some of you already have the habit of slathering your toast with butter. Do that then add a bit of Vegemite. This will give your toast a kick, and your body a Vit B punch!

Have a beautiful morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment