Shells in a pot from l'Etoile D'or, Leuven, Belgium

Thursday, September 25, 2014


Other than studying for my exams and preparing for my thesis defense, I spent the last few months in Belgium dining out with my friends. Although we spent a hefty sum, it was much lower than the usual since we were able to avail of numerous discounts thanks to the Social Deal website I chanced upon one day when I was lackadaisically scrolling my facebook page. One of the best deals we had was from l'Etoile D'or. The restaurant served us with a pound of shells for only 12 euros (although the original price was 24 euros)! It also came with a bowl of  Belgian frites. The deal was for us to get a pound of shells and we choose from a list the flavors we want. I chose "knoflook met room" (garlic with cream). My friends chose other flavors which I can barely remember because in the end, the one who luckily got the best flavor was me! The restaurant is located near the train station in Leuven--just in front of the bus stops. I haven't tried their other dishes but the pound of shells in a pot is definitely a hit!


0 comments:

Post a Comment